To be a specialist in plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery means lots more to Dr Kai-Uwe Schlaudraff than using state-of-the-art technologies and always the latest know-how about aesthetic and reconstructive surgery.
The more, it is about the ability and empathy to enhance the natural and unique beauty of each individual personality. The entire team of Concept-Clinic in Geneva sees you as a whole – from body to mind and maybe even to soul. Everything has an impact on anything regarding our being.
My mission is to balance people's outside with their inner beauty
He practices at his private clinic Concept Clinic in Geneva with a special interest in volumetric, textural and regenerative treatments for the face and body by means of injectables, fat grafting and the use of adipose derived stem cells. Combining state-of-the-art non-invasive treatments with surgical strategies, Dr Schlaudraff is also an internationally acclaimed specialist in body contouring through VASER ultrasound assisted liposuction, as well as in breast surgery.
Dr Schlaudraff is Board Certified by the Swiss (FMH) and the European Board of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (EBOPRAS) and is a member of the Swiss (SSCPRE), American (ASAPS) and International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) as well as a member of the Swiss Aesthetic Surgery Society (SSCE).
As member of the Board of Directors of the Swiss Aesthetic Surgery Society and the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Dr Schlaudraff leads several initiatives for patient safety in facial injections and is a recognized leader worldwide in education in aesthetic and regenerative surgery and stem cell science.
Dr Schlaudraff is actively involved in several scientific research projects and clinical studies and as experienced Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Dr Schlaudraff is also working with both start-up companies and major industry partners in the development of innovative treatments in aesthetics. Current appointments of Dr Schlaudraff include:
- Board member of ISAPS for Finance, Investments and Industry Relations
- Chair of the ISAPS committee for Non-invasive Treatments and Injectables
- Scientific Key Opinion Leader, Exosome Society
- Treasurer of the Swiss Aesthetic Surgery Society
- Chair of the SSCE initiative for injectable safety
- Scientific Board Member of the Swiss Stem Cell Foundation
- Scientific Board Member of Esperare Foundation
- Scientific Board Member of Lipocube
- IMCAS key speaker
- Section Editor of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Journal
- KOL Board Member for both invasive and non-invasive aesthetic therapies
More than 500 scientific lectures at International congresses
Dr Schlaudraff has given more than 500 scientific lectures at International congresses and was Treasurer of the International Society of Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) from 2014-2020. He was appointed Governor of the Aesthetic Stem Cell Society and awarded keynote lectures on adipose stem cell science by the Japanese Society of Plastic Surgery (JSAPS), the Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (OSAPS) and the ISAPS FAST program in Russia.
Dr Schlaudraff is proud to be a clinical contributor in the Swiss team of scientists from Bart Deplancke’s lab at EPFL, Christian Wolfrum’s lab at ETHZ, and the Swiss Stem Cell Foundation whose study was published in Nature in 2018: “A stromal cell population that inhibits adipogenesis in mammalian fat depots”. This milestone study has discovered a new cell type called “Aregs” for “adipogenesis-regulatory cells” that is found in the mature fat depots of the body where it can actively inhibit the formation of fat cells. The discovery provides the hope that “Aregs” may open entirely new avenues to fight obesity and related metabolic diseases such as diabetes.
Dr Schlaudraff has contributed chapters to several books and has most recently coauthored the following publications:
- In Nature 559, 103–108 (2018): Schwalie, P.C., Dong, H., Schlaudraff K.U., Soldati G., Deplancke, B. et al. A stromal cell population that inhibits adipogenesis in mammalian fat depots.
- In Aesthetic Surgery Journal Open Forum, Volume 1, Issue 4, 2019: ‘Cellular Optimization of Nanofat: Comparison of Two Nanofat Processing Devices in Terms of Cell Count and Viability’. S Cohen, T. Tiryaki, Hayley A Womack, S Canikyan, K.U. Schlaudraff, M Scheflan.
- In CellR4 2021; 9:e3060: Adipose-derived Stromal Vascular Matrix (SVM): a new paradigm in regenerative medicine. T. Tiryaki, S. Canikyan, P. Koçak, S. Cohen, A. Sterodimas, K.U. Schlaudraff, M. Scheflan, P. Hollands.
- Plastic and Aesthetic Regenerative Surgery and Fat Grafting (2021): Clinical Application and Operative Techniques, edited by Amin Kalaaji (Springer): Fat grafting, tissue banking and adipose stem cell therapies – European regulatory status in 2021.
Developments and innovations
As a result of his work, Dr Schlaudraff has established in his clinic the Youvenate® treatment program including personalized DNA-based skincare, analysis of genetic health parameters as well as regenerative strategies to maintain his patients’ youth.